REPURPOSED ADJUSTABLE EYEWEAR STRAP
A secure, sustainable and adjustable eyewear retainer strap compatible with Waterhaul sunglasses and prescription glasses frames.Handmade in Looe, Cornwall, by Behaviour Change Cornwall, using ghost fishing nets collected from the Cornish coast. Finished with stainless steel beads, engraved with a batch number used to trace where the net has been recovered from.
ONE-BY-ONE PRODUCTION MADE IN CORNWALL
- Handmade from nets collected from the Cornish coastline by Behaviour Change Cornwall.
- The nets are carefully washed, untied, and worked to remove kinks, before being trimmed and tied to create an eye-catching, functional and adjustable eyewear retainer strap.
- Designed for adventures (and to ensure your recycled sunglasses don't end up returning to the sea!).
READY FOR ADVENTURES, DESIGNED FOR WATERHAUL FRAMES
- Custom-made to fit the entire Waterhaul frame range, and the adjustable loop design means they should fit with most other eyewear frames too.
- The length of the strap can be adjusted, depending on if you want a tighter fit behind your head, or a looser fit while your sunglasses are hanging around your neck.
- Straps can be positioned in front of or behind the ear on the temple of the frame, depending on personal preference.
BATCH BY BATCH
- Each eyewear strap has come from a specific ghost fishing net, collected from the Cornish coastline by Behaviour Change Cornwall, represented by a batch number that has been laser engraved into the stainless steel beads on each strap.
- Our current batches include 001 (black) collected from Perranporth Beach, and 002 (green) collected from Kynance Cove.
SIZE & SPECIFICATIONS
Length: Max 30"/76.2cm Min 16"/40.6cm
Fitting: Insert the tip of the sunglasses arm through the loop on both sides. You can use the stainless steel bead to loosen or tighten the loop for a more secure fit to your frames.
To Tighten: Pull the two knots away from each other.
To Loosen: Hold both ends of the strap and pull in opposite directions.